- 1.7 kg 00 flour (Caputo ’00’ Pizzeria in the blue 25 kg sack is what we use)
- 1 g (that’s all!) dried yeast
- 1 litre lukewarm water
- 3 g salt
- Fully dissolve the yeast into the water
- Measure the flour into a large mixing bowl and add the water/yeast mixture working it until you have a soft dough.
- Add the salt and knead it for about 10 minutes
- Place the dough back in the bowl and cover it with cling film or a wet tea-towel.
- Let it rest overnight for approximately 20 hours in a warmish room.
- After resting, roll out the dough, knead a bit more and let it rest covered for 30 min more.
- Cut the dough into 10 individual pieces of about 270g each. Roll each piece into a flattened ball and place on a flowered tray.
- Cover the tray of dough balls and leave them proofing for 1 hour and then they will be ready.